- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Computing Science (Honours)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
Gabrielle joined Kells in 2010 and was appointed as an Associate in 2012.
She is an experienced commercial and dispute resolution lawyer. She has practised predominantly in the areas of insolvency, mortgage recovery, debt recovery and commercial disputes since her admission as a lawyer in 2004. She has acted for clients in:
- Corporate disputes including potential Corporations Act claims,
- Contractual disputes, including the successful defence of proceedings brought in the District Court of NSW alleging breach of loan agreement,
- Franchising disputes, including preparing letters of demand and acting in proceedings,
- Building disputes,
- Consumer Credit Code disputes, and
- Commercial transactions, including preparing commercial leases.
Gabrielle has acted for many banks and non-bank lenders across Australian jurisdictions as well as numerous liquidators and receivers. She conducts all appearances on her matters, having appeared in the Supreme Court of NSW, the District Court, the Local Court and Federal Magistrates Court on behalf of clients.
Gabrielle is in involved in all aspects of the practice, demonstrating practical skills in the drafting of detailed advices, preparation of pleadings and affidavits and the provision of high-end litigation support in respect of contested hearings and appeals. As she has a particular interest in advocacy, Gabrielle conducts all the required appearances on behalf of clients in cases she is working on. Outside of Kells, Gabrielle plays field hockey and enjoys reading.Back to Our People