Our managing partner, Paul, has over a quarter of a century of experience in various aspects of law in domestic, government and commercial areas, including contract law, planning and development, general litigation, debt recovery and insolvency and banking and finance. These days, his practice focuses on complex property development transactions and local and state government affairs.
He leads the firm’s Commercial Property and Local Government, Planning and Environment teams with a strong focus on practical cost effective solutions to both simple and complex problems. As a result, businesses, local and state government, statutory authorities and private entities enjoy outstanding commercial outcomes.
Paul's practical, straight talking, trouble shooting abilities and commercial approach to problem solving attracts a broad spectrum of clients from both small and large private commercial entities to local and state government and statutory entities.
Some examples of Paul's contribution to private and public entitles include:
- The preparation of contracts for complex staged subdivision of a development, incorporating 49 house and land packages, and three towers of strata titled units encompassing over 100 apartments with shared facilities and custom fit by-laws.
- Negotiating and overseeing a significant development comprising 5000 square metres of commercial and retail space and 69 residential apartments to be constructed on prime fringe CBD land.
- The restructure of private entities to enable them to participate in acquiring large shopping centre holdings, including due diligence on national anchor tenancies, and risks associated with contamination and heritage issues.
- The resolution of commercial conflicts and documentation of complex, long term leasing of stratum space above and below public roads and infrastructure.
- Negotiating and documenting complex structures and deeds reciting onerous obligations with respect to public land affected by aboriginal heritage rights and easements which both adjust liability and rights between adjoining owners of property.
- Agreements for lease on State significant sites supporting growth and infrastructure.
- Advising and preparation of state government tenders and contracts