Paul is our managing partner and has over a quarter of a century of experience in various aspects of law including contract law, planning and development, general litigation, debt recovery and insolvency, banking and finance, in domestic, government and commercial areas with his practice these days focusing on complex property development transactions and local and state government affairs.
He leads the firms' Commercial Property and Local Government, Planning and Environment teams with a strong focus on practical cost effective solutions to both simple and complex problems. This leads to outstanding commercial outcomes for problems facing businesses, local and state government, statutory authorities and private entities.
Paul's practical straight talking and commercial approach to problem solving attracts clients from a broad spectrum of business extending to the private and public sphere. Paul is regularly sought after for his abilities as a trouble shooter by both small and large private commercial entities as well as local and state government and statutory entities.
Some examples of Paul's contribution to private and public entitles include:
- preparation of contracts for complex staged subdivision of a development incorporating forty nine (49) house & land packages and three towers of strata titled units encompassing over one hundred (100) apartments with shared facilities and custom fit by-laws.
- negotiating and overseeing a significant development comprising 5000 square metres of commercial and retail space and 69 residential apartments to be constructed on prime fringe CBD land.
- restructure of private entities to participate in acquiring large shopping centre holdings including due diligence on national anchor tenancies and risks associated with contamination and heritage issues.
- resolution of commercial conflicts and documentation of complex long term leasing of stratum space above and below public roads and infrastructure.
- negotiating and documenting complex structures and deeds reciting onerous obligations with respect to public land affected by aboriginal heritage rights and easements which both adjust liability and rights between adjoining owners of property.
- agreements for lease on State significant sites supporting growth and infrastructure.
- advising and preparation of state government tenders and contracts.