Have an account?  Sign in

Compensation  Health & Medical Law

If you suffer injury, loss or damage as a result of negligent treatment provided by a doctor, dentist, hospital or other health care provider you may be entitled to claim for damages.

The Medical Profession such as doctors, hospitals, dentists, physiotherapists, chiropractors, pharmacists and psychologists are required by law to provide you with a "reasonable standard of care".  The required standard of care can be quite high.

This area is complex and requires specialist care to guide you through the claim.  What needs to be proven is that your treatment was provided in a negligent manner and that the treatment provider breached their duty of care ot you.

If you have sustained a condition, illness or injury as a result of medical treatment provided to you, you may have a "medical negilgence" claim.  If you just don't feel right about the treatment you have received which has lead to ongoing problems, the lawyers at Kells may be able to assist you.

You must commence a claim within 3 years of being provided with the treatment.  There may be a way to commence a claim after such time but it is important that you seek advice as soon as possible.


Other ways we can help you