What Our Clients Say
Roger Downs, through his advice and thoroughness, transformed what I found daunting in the beginning, become effortless. Roger was non judgemental and patient with my inter-family pain which led to my decisions of the matter. I am certain I have chosen the right firm. Kells made me feel very comfortable and at ease in every appointment I made. Thank you for everything.
Roger has 40 years’ experience as a commercial lawyer, with clients ranging from local, regional and national entities to international institutions. Roger is recognised by both his peers and the commercial community as a leader in his field, both in law and in corporate governance and corporate leadership.
Recognition from within the legal profession includes:
- Member (2004-2014) and Chair (2013-2014) of the NSW Law Society Business Law Committee.
- Presentations at recognised legal profession continuing legal education events, including presentations at the New South Wales State Legal Conference, on topics including business purchase best practice, business finance and corporations law.
- Acting as a nominee appointed by the President of the NSW Law Society for matters including an expert determination under a contractual dispute resolution clause and appointment by Family Court Order for a disputed property transaction.
- Providing evidence as an expert witness on Australian commercial law and practice in a commercial arbitration held in Denver Colorado USA.
- Appointment by the NSW Law Society as chair of a working group to undertake a review of the Law Society standard Contract for Sale of Business.
- The Law Council of Australia representative on the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC) Small Business Advisory Group.
Roger is an experienced company director and member of the AICD. His corporate involvement includes:
- Director and Deputy Chair of Warrigal Care (current position).
- Chair of Illawarra Credit Union Limited (current position).
- Member of the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District Board (current position).
- Chairman of Partners, Kells (former position).
- Member of the Wollondilly Shire Council Audit Committee (former position).
- Director, Deputy Chair and Chair of Austlaw Pty Ltd (an association of independent law firms operating along the East coast of Australia) (former position).
- Foundation Director of The Illawarra Technology Centre Limited (now UOWD Ltd) a commercial arm of the University of Wollongong (former position).
- Committee Member of Illawarra Chamber of Commerce and Industry Limited (now absorbed into Illawarra Business Chamber Ltd) (former position).
REQUEST A CALL BACK
Need help with a legal issue?
Send us your details and one of our team members will be in touch.