We have experience in all aspects of employment, industrial and occupational health and safety matters and are well placed to provide pragmatic advice on matters arising under the Fair Work Australia regime and NSW occupational health and safety laws.
Your Trusted Employment Lawyers
Kells focuses on getting claims resolved with the least impact on our clients as possible. Keeping clients out of court and resolving disputes in the least adversarial and mutually advantageous way is our priority. To achieve this, our team has experience in a range of mediation skills as well as access to external mediation facilities and legal and non-legal specialists.
On those occasions where litigation through the courts is the most effective process for achieving resolution and compensation, Kells’ lawyers work with our clients to manage the conflict most effectively, at all times ensuring clients are kept up-to-date with progress and are fully informed.
The employment lawyers at Kells take on industrial, occupational health and all other cases. Contact any of our offices in Wollongong, Shellharbour, Kiama, Dapto, Thirroul and Sydney to make an appointment with one of our employment lawyers.
The team is able to provide an extensive range of services, including:
- Representation and advocacy before the Fair Work Commission and the Industrial Relations Commission of NSW
- Compliance of policy training and safety documents
- Compliance with industrial relations and awards
- Discrimination and harassment resolution
- Employment contracts and contract arrangements
- Employees’ entitlements, rights and conditions
- Enterprise agreements
- Issues relating to outsourcing
- Disputes with Independent Contractors
- Occupation Health and Safety Act compliance
- Occupation Health and Safety Act prosecutions
- Strategic workplace relations advice
- Termination of employment negotiations and documentation
- Unfair dismissal and unlawful termination claims
- Workplace accidents resolution.
Occupational Health and Safety Act prosecutions
Kells’ has acted for numerous companies in defending and advising on prosecutions under the Occupational Health and Safety Act. We have successfully defended matters before the Chief Industrial Magistrate and regularly appear in the District Court of NSW. We have also been successful in pleas to the District Court in mitigation and have achieved for one of our corporate clients the very rare result of avoiding the entry of a conviction.
Our approach is pragmatic and we take pride in providing advice to clients that can assist them in the early resolution of disputes and avoiding protracted and expensive issues.
Issues relating to termination of employment
Kells regularly appear in conciliations and hearings in the Fair Work Commission and aims to resolve disputes as early and effectively as possible. We have acted for applicants and respondents in numerous cases involving unfair dismissal, unlawful termination and adverse action.
At Kells, we have you covered and your staff.
REQUEST A CALL BACK
Need help with a legal issue?
Send us your details and one of our team members will be in touch.