Understanding the debt recovery process and when to start acting on outstanding debt is critical, and this is where our experienced team can assist.
Debt Recovery Lawyers
Our team has successfully acted for and recovered debts for our clients across a number of different sectors, including:
- Aged care providers – this has included recovery against deceased estates, requiring liaison with executors throughout the estate administration process as well as consideration of the limited means of pensioners
- Local councils – including legal proceedings against individuals for unpaid council rates and rectification works on their property as well as against corporations, including winding-up proceedings
- Lenders – possession proceedings following a default under lending facilities, followed by sale as mortgagee in possession, including dealing with hardship applications and Farm Debt Mediation Act
- Building contractors – recovery under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act and Contractors Debts Act
- Employers – including recovery from employees for overpayment of entitlements
- Suppliers – including securing payment through caveat lodgement pursuant to charging provisions.
Our experience and services include:
- Preparing and issuing letters of demand
- Conducting court proceedings in the Local, District and Supreme Courts to obtain judgment debts, charging orders and garnishee orders
- Arranging for writs of execution on property
- Preparing statutory demands (for corporations) and bankruptcy notices (for individuals)
- Acting on winding up proceedings (for corporations) and sequestration hearings (for individuals)
- Acting on mortgagee in possession sales.
Not-for-Profit & Charity Law
Privacy & Data Security
Selling a Business
REQUEST A CALL BACK
Need help with a legal issue?
Send us your details and one of our team members will be in touch.